Permit/License/Records Services


Data Provided By
2-1-1 Northeast Region 2-1-1 Northeast Region
General Information
Description of ServiceThe City Clerk's office is a licensing bureau issuing the following: Dog licenses; marriage licenses; building, equipment, zoning and demolition permits; hunting and fishing licenses; and licenses for bingo, bell jar, and games of chance. The City Clerk acts as a licensing agent for the Fire Prevention Bureau, issuing permits for the installation of natural gas, oil, LPG, pellet and wood stove heating equipment as well as for the operation of multiple-unit dwellings, places of assembly, hazardous materials storage and storage tank facilities. Taxicabs are registered and inspected through the City clerk's office as are taxicab business licenses. The City Clerk also acts as an agent for the city's Department of Public Works to schedule large bulk pickups.
Geographical AreaCity of Gloversville
Public TransportationCall for details
Facility/ADA AccessCall for details
Intake ProcedureCall 518-773-4542 or walk in
Intake RequirementsMarriage license: Both parties must be present to complete the application and sign the affidavit.
Documents RequiredMarriage license: Photo ID and birth certificate. If previously married: proof of death, divorce or annulment must be presented. Dog license: Proof of rabies vaccination. Other: Call for details.
Client Information
Languages SpokenEnglish
EligibilityMarriage license: both parties must be 18 or older unless parental consent is given.
Fees or Charges
Types of FeesCall for details
Specific Hours: Mon-Fri 8:00 am-4:00 pm
Contact Information
Physical Site Address 1 3 Frontage Road
Physical Site City, State, Zip Gloversville, NY 12078
Main Phone 518-773-4542
Other Phone 518-773-4545
Web Address
Affiliated Agency, Programs, and Services
Affiliated Agency: GLOVERSVILLE CITY
Affiliated Program: CITY CLERK
This Service: Permit/License/Records Services
Taxonomy Postings
Posted to Categories: Animal Licenses (PD-0700.0600)
Birth Certificates (DF-7000.1200)
Building Condemnation/Demolition (TE-1000.0800)
Building Permits (TE-1000.1500-100)
Charitable Gambling Permits (DF-7000.1390)
City/Town Clerk Offices (TD-6600.4500-040)
Death Certificates (DF-7000.1700-300)
Fishing Licenses (DF-7000.2200)
Hunting Licenses (DF-7000.3000)
Marriage Certificates (DF-7000.4950)
Marriage Licenses (DF-7000.5000)